Title I & Family InvolvementTitle I OVERVIEW
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
The staff at Ben Hill Griffin Jr. Elementary welcomes comments and suggestions for improving our Title 1 Family workshops that we provide each year. We also review our Title 1 Compacts and Parent Involvement Summaries to best serve the needs of our students. If you would like to help revise our documents or provide suggestions, please contact our Title 1 Facilitator Lori Loveless at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at 635-7820.
Ben Hill Griffin, Jr. Elementary School Title I
- A school-parent compact is a written agreement between the school and the parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs that identifies the activities that the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will undertake to share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. This agreement is developed with input from parents, community members and school staff. At elementary Title I schools, the compact is discussed during family/teacher conferences. All Title I schools have copies of the compact in their front office, as well as translated versions. For a copy of the school compact, please email or call the school.
- BHG School Parent Compact 2020 – 2021 – English – Spanish
- BHG Instructional Staff Roster 2020 – 2021
- The purpose of a Schoolwide Improvement Plan (SIP) is to develop a plan with school staff and leaders to help improve the academic achievement. For a copy of the SIP, please email or call the school. A paper copy is available in the front office or you can visit https://www.floridacims.org
- BHG School Improvement Plan 2020 – 2021
- Florida School Report Card for BHG
- All Title I schools have copies of the Parent and Family Engagement Plans (PFEPs) in their front office, as well as translated versions. For a copy of the school PFEP or district PFEP, please email or call the school.
Polk County Schools District Resources for ParentsTitle I District Mission Statement District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
The following Documents are available on the District Title I Website:
- Right to Know Letters
- Annual Report Card (EduData Portal)
- District & School Parent & Family Engagement Plan Summary